The Summerhill Market Commissary Kitchen is looking for a prep cook. The ideal candidate will have kitchen experience, excellent knife skills and a passion for learning about new cuisine styles and maintaining the utmost in taste and quality.
FULL-TIME: 40 – 44 hours/week – Open availability – one position 5:00am start and one position 2:00 pm start
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent knife skills
- Post-secondary culinary arts program preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years kitchen experience
Summerhill Market is famous for our prepared food selections, and you will be a part of a team that produces many of our sought-after fares.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
**This job is perfect for a cook looking to make a transition out of restaurant kitchens and into a production facility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person