The Granite Club is looking for a full time Cook who will be responsible for running a station in any kitchen outlet independently. An individual in this position will be able to handle various cooking positions within the Club.
Benefits of working for the Club
- Healthy and delicious daily food offerings in our Staff Cafe
- Indoor parking for Employees.
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both
- Staff and their friends and family.
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families.
Technical / Culinary:
- Ensure all stocks are being kept securely and under the correct conditions
- Ensure that all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time for service
- Ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate or pass correctly garnished and seasoned, correct portion, size, and served on the appropriate service plate
- Ensure all food preparations are being prepared to the correct specifications, quantity & quality, food handling safety requirements and are correctly seasoned
- Maintain station organization and cleanliness
- Will be trained to work in all outlets including, but not limited to: , Intersections, Events, 1875, Commissary, Production and Rainbow Cafe with correct training and supervision
- When working behind a buffet, food ingredient knowledge and food preparation must be known when dealing with Members
- Understand and be able to speak confidently when serving members behind a buffet or station.
- Follow the lead of Demi Chef de Parties, Chef de Parties and Food & Beverage management
- Follow standard operating procedures and mise en place lists to ensure successful service and production needs.
- Ensure that any anticipated food and supply shortages are communicated promptly to the Sous Chef or Executive Chef
- Must maintain food and beverage specifications
- Responsible for completing handovers at the beginning and ending of each shift
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- A minimum of 3 years of external cooking experience or 3 years as an Apprentice Cook at the Granite Club is required
- Culinary diploma/degree required or in process of attaining
- Food Handling Certification an asset
- Must be able to read, write & speak English fluently
- Ability to manage under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs and stand for a full shift.
- Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
About the Granite Club
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada’s premier private Members’ family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
If you are a passionate individual looking to work as part of a growing team, click apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!