The Granite Club is looking for a full time Steward Helper who will be responsible for the general cleanliness of the main kitchen dish areas and other Food & Beverage kitchen outlet prep areas, equipment and storage as designated.
Benefits of working for the Club
- Healthy and delicious daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families.
- Indoor parking for Employees.
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family.
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness memberships.
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health.
- Ensure that all chemicals are at sufficient levels at each dish / pot washing areas
- Must be able to work in all Stewarding areas in the Club
- Aid Sous Chefs in prep work where necessary
- Assist any and all Kitchen staff when required.
- Clean all pots, pans, and Kitchen equipment on a daily basis
- Sort and store all china / glass / silverware / cookware and all other dishes in the appropriate holding areas
- Follow proper lifting procedures when dealing with stacking and lifting
- Perform transportation of soiled and cleaned items in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure sanitizing temperatures are kept at correct regulated temperatures
- Ensure that any anticipated shortages of chemicals and equipment are communicated promptly to the Sous Chef
- Take advantage of any training possibilities when they arise
- Must be self motivated to maintain Granite Gold Standards
- Attend departmental meetings where applicable
- WHMIS Certification an asset
- Basic understanding of Chemicals
- Basic food preparation an asset (i.e. peeling carrots, potatoes, etc)
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Have the ability to listen to others and follow instructions
- Ability to cope with extreme pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to do strenuous physical labour, ability to lift weight of 35 – 40lbs
- Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- This is an Union Position
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM.
About the Granite Club
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada’s premier private Members’ family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
If you are a passionate individual looking to work as part of a growing team, click apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!