The Granite Club is Canada’s premier private Members’ family, athletic, recreation, and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 12,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs, and services. Benefits for full-time Employees include competitive compensation, extensive health and dental, pension eligibility, fresh daily meals, wellness initiatives, professional development, free indoor parking, discounted gym memberships, and fun Employee family events.
We are looking for someone with meticulous attention to detail and a trained eye for beauty, branding, typography and layout. Design beautiful print magazines. Produce a variety of digital and print collateral. Work on fun brand projects within a dynamic and energetic creative team. This full-time (hybrid) graphic design role reports to the Communications and Creative Director and focuses heavily on magazine and newsletter design while supporting the Senior Graphic Designer with the creation and coordination of a wide variety of other promotional and business materials.
Benefits of working for the Club
- Healthy and delicious daily food offerings in our Staff Cafe.
- Indoor parking for Employees.
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family.
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness memberships.
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families.
- Magazine design and production: Design, lay out and produce regular print publications; follow templates, brand standards and established visual systems to develop top-quality output.
- Digital and print design: Working with the Senior Designer, create and coordinate a wide variety of collateral, such as posters, flyers, brochures, menus, digital graphics, interactive forms and more.
- Brand and visual identity: Uphold and follow corporate branding, standards and best practices; create and select imagery (photography, illustrations, graphics, etc) in line with these standards; create, renew and improve design templates and processes as needed.
- Quality: Maintain the highest level of quality, accuracy and consistency in all Club communications; conduct research into conceptualization, designs and production processes.
- Client and vendor support: Provide professional and friendly service and support to Members and fellow Employees; liaise with vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Analysis: Ensure measurement systems are employed in all projects for continuous improvement and efficiency.
- And more: Look forward to special assignments and projects that shake up the routine and add to your portfolio; other duties will be added, deleted or assigned as needed.
- Education: Degree or diploma in graphic design, ideally with an editorial focus.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ hands-on related professional experience in a communications or editorial environment.
- Portfolio: Must have demonstrable experience and interest in magazine and print design and production, in addition to digital projects.
- Software savvy: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Lightroom, PDF forms); Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint); Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms); ability to learn new software quickly.
- Creative savvy: Keen eye for visual aesthetic and deep knowledge of design and branding principles; well-versed in various design types and art genres, history of design and visual arts, and current and emerging trends.
- Technical savvy: Strong knowledge of typography, magazine layouts, colour systems, artwork preparation and print production processes and best practices; technical skills for creating and editing photography and graphics.
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency is required; and this bullet point speaks to you at your core.
- Organizational skills and time-management; multitasking; process-driven and highly accountable with experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Curiosity, resourcefulness and ownership: You love to research, learn, and problem-solve; you take pride and ownership in your work and have a strong work ethic.
- People skills: Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills; positive, team-focused attitude and demonstrated success liaising with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and externally.
- Extra points: Photography skills; illustration/drawing; digital, video and motion graphics; hospitality or lifestyle industry experience; Olympic-level curling skills to help our team win the next Employee tournament.
- Monday–Friday, 9:00 am–5:00 pm with some variance; occasional after-hours work required.
- Hybrid work model with 3 days in office with Club-wide preassigned days.
Please note that duties will be added, deleted or assigned as required.
About the Granite Club
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada’s premier private Members’ family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
If you are a passionate individual looking to work as part of a growing team, click apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!