The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
- Based on the functional guidance of Interprofessional Team, plan and administer activities and programs developed by care teams to meet the needs of CCC patients.
- Assist in the evaluation of the activity programs
- Promote the benefit of activities to patients
- Leads activity and related programs with individuals and in groups
- Ensures the safety of patients during activities including environmental safety and patients’ equipment.
- Participate in program development and decision making as required
- Provide feedback to team regarding patient participation and general response to activities and out of ordinary behaviour
- Other duties as assigned
- Compliance with and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients
- Post secondary Diploma in Recreation and Leisure Studies and/or related degree required
- Knowledge of Non Violent Crisis Intervention, Infection Control and Risk Management required
- Experience in planning and administering activities for residential complex care patient population that include cognitively impaired and behavioural complex patients
- Interprofessional team experience preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support at Health Provider Level
- Ability to facilitate and work with volunteers
- Strong knowledge of office computer applications, databases and other general office equipment
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements and an ability to carry out these requirements to the fullest
- Sound judgment and ability to work independently
- Knowledge of health policies and legislation preferred
- Must be proficient in English both written and verbal
- Good attendance is required
POSTED DATE: August 13, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.