Fabricate, position, align, and fit parts of structural metal products. Set up and operate welding equipment MIG, TIG, Arc, and Oxy-Acetylene.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- Cut, roll, shape, bend, mould, spin, heat or hammer metal products to fabricate parts or sub-assemblies
- Heat treat metal parts and components
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Assemble parts and structures by lining up and joining them by welding, bolting or riveting
- Finish products by cleaning, polishing, filing or by applying protective or decorative coatings
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay