Who Are We?
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the engineering, design, and manufacturing of advanced arc welding solutions, automated joining, assembly and cutting systems, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting equipment, and has a leading global position in brazing and soldering alloys. Lincoln is recognized as the Welding Expert™ for its leading material science, software development, automation engineering, and application expertise, which advance customers’ fabrication capabilities to help them build a better world. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices serving customers in over 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the Company’s website at https://www.lincolnelectric.com.
· To report to the Consumable R&D and Weld Tech Manager on an ongoing basis and communicate all relevant technical matters pertaining to product testing, product design, analysis, research, evaluation and documentation for Consumable Division products.
· To evaluate, source, troubleshoot, document and resolve technical problems and concerns expressed by customers, distributors and company Sales Representatives (e.g. weld failures, gas, electrode, wire, physical properties, strength levels and machinery).
· To liaise with the United States Head Office in Cleveland, Ohio with respect to consumable compliance work.
· To liaise and collaborate with Senior Managers, Line Managers and non-management staff at all levels in an advisory capacity on all matters pertaining to:
Procuring material for testing
- American Welding Society (AWS), Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
- Agency Certifications, such as Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB), Lloyd’s Register of Shipping (LR), American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Bureau Veritas (BV), Det Norske Veritas (DNV-GL) and TUV
- Metallurgy: hardness numbers, internal metallurgical work, specific structure in welds, investigative work, specimen and microscopic photography
· To maintain accurate and up-to-date records with respect to all products, testing, customer records, modification and revisions.
· To schedule, and co-ordinate welding, machining, testing, and documenting all products that comply with American Welding Society (AWS) and International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and generate certificate of conformances.
· To complete all required Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) approvals for Lincoln Electric products in a timely fashion.
· To oversee and co-ordinate approvals for Lloyd’s Register of Shipping (LR), the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and Det Norske Veritas (DNV-GL), Bureau Veritas (BV) for the maintenance of Type Approvals to standards specific to marine products and welding consumables.
· To operate a safe and hazard free test centre, ensuring the calibration, maintenance and preventative maintenance of all equipment, machinery and tools required to perform all technical activities within the department.
· To provide coaching, mentorship to the technologists and technicians and Co-Op students in the group.
· To participate co-operatively as an employee within the company’s Global Performance Management Program and conduct Performance Reviews.
· To actively participate in company, staff or individual one-on-one meetings on an ongoing basis for the purposes of effective teamwork, enhanced communication and progressive co-operation strategies within the department, as well as, other departments across the company.
· To continually contribute to the profitability of the company and ongoing business operations by initiating, recommending and implementing continuous improvement strategies and initiatives.
· To fully abide and actively support Lincoln Electric’s Environmental Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures with respect to protecting the environment, the conservation of nature resources and the Health & Safety of all employees.
· To conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required by the Consumable R&D Manager in a timely and professional manner.
Minimum Education Requirement:
· 3 year related College Diploma
Minimum Experience & Training Requirement:
· 2 or more supervisory experience
If you believe you have what we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the #1 Arc Welding Company, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to provide proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment. Lincoln Electric Company of Canada has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds.
Lincoln Electric Company of Canada is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, record of offences, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or any other Prohibited Ground. Lincoln Electric Company of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We appreciate your consideration for this once in a lifetime opportunity, however only chosen applicants will be contacted.
Please consult our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available at https://ch-delivery.lincolnelectric.com/api/public/content/85d41874bb474b88a3732c72d9ee6f4f?v=73bc1e90.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person