What we offer.. .
Flynn Group of Companies, North America’s leading building envelope contractor is looking for a:
Web Application Developer to work from our Mississauga location.
Imagine a career where your creativity and technical skills can fuel BIG innovations. Where your work will have an impact on the productivity of your client’s day-to-day lives. Be recognized for your skills and take part in the full product design and development lifecycle. Work with leading edge technology to make a difference in the mobile-construction world.
Here at Flynn you’ll have the opportunity to work for a growing company, on a portfolio of products delivering real results. We give you the chance to work in a technologically challenging and fast-paced environment, to enhance your abilities while pushing your limits. Join a team that works closely together to solve problems and enjoy excellent benefits; a commitment to work/life balance, funded training plans and the ability to be recognized for your talents.
For over 40 years, we have enjoyed steady growth and success by providing quality contracting services and design assistance to ensure long-term performance and customer satisfaction. As a contractor, Flynn plays a key role in blending architectural visions with practical detailing to ensure quality, functional and high-performance roof and wall systems. As an employer, we take pride in providing the best for our people. Our people are our greatest asset and the reason behind the success we are continuously achieving. We are also proud to say that we have reached a Platinum status as being one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 15 years in a row!
- Funded training and development program
- Very well equipped on site gym
- Dental and supplemental medical plan
- RRSP contributions
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Team pizza lunches
- Excellent on site, subsidized cafeteria
- MSDN Subscription
- Monthly Azure credits
- Monthly AWS credits
- Windows laptop with lots of RAM and an SSD
- Three monitors
A small team of collaborative individuals working together to solve hard problems and deliver testable, high quality, secure code. Everyone wears many different hats and works on several projects.
Our Tech Stack
- Working on mobile and web app development projects
- Design, build and maintain SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB) data layers
- Design, build and maintain RESTful APIs
- Build out automated test and build pipelines to support continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Build and maintain front end web applications to interact with our APIs
- Everyone is responsible for building testable software
- Everyone is responsible for quality
- Everyone is responsible for security
Learning new techniques and reinforcing them with solid past experience is critical. Being able to write clear code, that is understandable by the team and is testable is a key factor in your success as a candidate.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science/IT or related field
- Ability to work as part of a team & independently
- Knowledge of:
- .NET Framework/ASP.NET
- Entity Framework
- MongoDB and MongoDB Atlas
- Amazon AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Dynamo DB)
- Microsoft Azure (App Service, AzureSQL, Blob storage)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/DevOps
- Dependency Injection
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Past Experience with the following tools and technology is an asset:
- Atlassian Jira, GitHub, Azure DevOps, Aha!, NewRelic,
- Be passionate about delighting our customers
- Have a passion for code quality validated by testing
- See the value in modern development techniques like TDD, DevOps, CI/CD, Dependency Injection, etc.
- Be curious and interested in improving yourself and the team
- Willing to speak up and share ideas with the team
- Willing to question the status quo
- Be able to give and take criticism
- Looking to see the results of your work quickly
Our Score: 11/12
- Do you use source control? Yes, GitHub
- Can you make a build in one step? No,
- Do you make daily builds? Yes
- Do you have a bug database? Yes
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes, most of the time.
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
- Do you have a spec? Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
- Do you have testers? Yes
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
- Do you do hallway usability testing? No
Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building’s outer layer, including roofing, glazing, waterproofing, and architectural metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
Thanks to the contributions of the most talented team in the market and a collaborative, supportive culture, Flynn has steadily grown since 1978, and continues to do so. We understand the importance of and prioritize the growth of our people too, offering many learning & development and career opportunities.
To apply to any of our current roles, please visit https://jobs.flynncompanies.com.
For more information about the Flynn Family, Flynn University and career opportunities, please visit www.flynncompanies.com.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.