View more 8 months ago
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career
Flynn Group of Companies, North America’s leading building envelope contractor, is looking for a Web Application Developer to work from our Mississauga location.
Imagine a career where your creativity and technical skills can fuel BIG innovations. Where your work will have an impact on the productivity of your client’s day-to-day lives. Be recognized for your skills and take part in the full product design and development lifecycle. Work with leading edge technology to make a difference in the mobile-construction world.
A small team of collaborative individuals working together to solve hard problems and deliver testable, high quality, secure code. Everyone wears many different hats and works on several projects.
Our Tech Stack
Be passionate about delighting our customers
Have a passion for code quality validated by testing
See the value in modern development techniques like TDD, DevOps, CI/CD, Dependency Injection, etc.
Be curious and interested in improving yourself and the team
Willing to speak up and share ideas with the team
Willing to question the status quo
Be able to give and take criticism
Looking to see the results of your work quickly
A Day in the Life
- Working on mobile and web app development projects
- Design, build and maintain SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB) data layers
- Design, build and maintain RESTful APIs
- Build out pipelines to support continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Build and maintain front end web applications to interact with our APIs
- Everyone is responsible for quality, security and building testable software
Learning new techniques and reinforcing them with solid past experience is critical. Being able to write clear code, that is understandable by the team and is testable is a key factor in your success as a candidate.
What We Are Seeking
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science/IT or related field
- Ability to work as part of a team & independently
- .NET Framework/ASP.NET
- Entity Framework
- MongoDB and MongoDB Atlas
- Amazon AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Dynamo DB)
- Microsoft Azure (App Service, AzureSQL, Blob storage)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/DevOps
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
Past Experience with the following tools and technology is an asset:
- Atlassian Jira, GitHub, Azure DevOps, Aha!, NewRelic
What We Offer
- Beautiful work enviroment with high ceilings and tons of natural sunlight!
- In-house cafeteria and gym
- Free parking
- Competitive wages and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Great environment where our motto is “Flynn Family Winning Together”!
- On-going career development programs through our in-house Flynn University and eLearning courses
- Our employees are also afforded coveted technical perks such as state of the art technology, MSDN subscription as well as Azure and AWS credits.
Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building’s outer layer, including Roofing, Glazing, Waterproofing, and Architectural Metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.