$21.50 an hour
Work authorization (Required)
warehouse: 1 year (Required)
Motorized Lift Truck (pallet jack, forklift): 1 year (Required)
Full Job Description
Position Title: Warehouse Worker
Work Location: METRO ON – 75 VICKERS RD.
Shift: Afternoon (2pm-10pm) and Overnight (10pm-6am)
Job Location: Etobicoke, ON
Reporting to: Supervisor, Warehouse
Position type: Permanent, Part-Time
PART-TIME SHIFTS AVAILABLE
- Must have at least 1 year experience using lift truck equipment (ex. pallet jack, forklift)
- Must have at least 1 year of relevant work experience in a Warehouse environment (preferably order picking)
- Must be able to work at least 3 days per week (including at least one weekend day)
- Multi-temperature Work Environments (0-25 degrees celsius)
- $ 21.50 / hr (additional 0.55 cents per hour shift premium for afternoon and night shift)
Part-Time Shifts Available: 10pm – 6am, 2pm-10pm
– Must have 3 days availability per week (at least one weekend day)
Responsibilities of an Order Selector at Metro:
- To work independently in the warehouse, listen to and follow orders from a voice-recognition headset system, and manually locate and pick product cases weighing (up to) 50 lbs.
- Drive a motorized single / double pallet jack to transport pallets to be packaged and shipped.
- Achieve a 100% productivity rate to ensure product gets shipped to stores on time.
- Responsible for the daily safety check of equipment for safe operation.
- Integrate well into a culture where Health & Safety is a priority, by complying with safety standards and regulations.
- Help to maintain sanitation and food quality standards.
- A motivated worker with 6-12 months of Order Selector experience in a warehouse distribution center environment
- Experienced with operating a rider pallet jack machine
- Able to stand, walk, reach and lift products for extended periods of time in multi-temperature environments
- Able to lift 50 lbs every day, repetitively and safely
- 18 years of age or older
- An owner of CSA approved safety shoes
- Able to provide us with a clear criminal background check and professional references
- Able to read, write, listen to and follow instructions
Metro can offer you:
- Independent work while using headsets using software for picking orders
- Paid orientation and training
- 20-28 hours per week (plus potential for overtime work)
- A fast-paced, service-excellence focused environment
- Competitive benefits
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- warehouse: 1 year (required)
- Motorized Lift Truck (pallet jack, forklift): 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 59%
Ongoing need to fill this role