Title: Warehouse Manager
Reports to: Director(s) of Operations & Execution (Kingsville)
Based at: Mucci Pac Ltd., Kingsville, ON
Type of Employment: Full-Time, permanent, 6-days a week; and some additional hours which may include Saturdays, depending on workload and priorities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage and lead shipping, receiving, and inventory departments within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop continuous improvement targets for Warehouse Operations.
- Schedule, manage and operate the facility and departments within the required hours to attain budgetary targets.
- Develop, lead and enhance direct reports; supervisory and management leadership skills.
- Assist in building enhancements, changes and maintenance of the facility.
- Develop and implement DC level budgeting with supply-based input from Procurement and Planning.
- Work closely with compliance and regulatory wings (Food Safety, Health and Safety) to ensure compliance and influence in development of future operational processes.
- Develop and support Roles and Responsibilities with direct reports to ensure clean ownership and measurables for each role.
- Develop and implement warehouse equipment for capacity and cap-ex planning activities along with future purchases and installs.
- Operate in various systems including Blue Yonder and FAMOUS as a departmental user.
- Optimize building process flows and design.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of management or operational experience in in a fast-paced environment
- Warehouse or distribution center experience within food or beverage industries are considered an asset
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and outstanding leadership abilities and teamwork orientation
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and multi-site environment
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to communicate with external and internal customers at all levels
- Strong computer skills, with ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel and comfort with systems
- Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must be able to lift material regularly up to 14 kg / 30 lbs; and occasionally up to 23 kg / 50lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to work in a temperature-controlled environment of approximately 13˚C / 55 ˚F
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Note: this description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingsville, ON N9Y 2N1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- warehouse management: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person