$18.79–$23.48 an hour
Full Job Description
JOB POSTING #908732
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Hours: Various as required; 8 or 12 Hour Shifts; days/evenings Mon to sat
Status: Permanent Part Time
University Health Network (UHN) represents the coming together of shared values and diverse expertise in patient care, research and teaching. Each of our facilities (Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute) makes a unique contribution to the whole. Together, we create something far greater than the sum of our parts.
Toronto General Hospital (TGH) is leading the way in cardiac care, organ transplants and the treatment of complex patient needs. Home to three of UHN’s major program groupings (Heart and Circulation, Transplantation and Advanced Medicine and Surgery), our highly skilled teams are committed to UHN’s vision of achieving global impact.
In support of the efficient operation of the PACU, the principal responsibilities of the WARD CLERK include: performing reception responsibilities; providing clerical support; organizing and maintaining patient charts, electronic and paper information filing systems; performing patient administration functions including scheduling and coordinating appointments/meetings/events, maintaining written and/or electronic calendar/schedules, etc; coordinating unit administrative functions; ensuring the efficient operation of the unit, within the scope of authority; and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year related clerical experience
- General knowledge of office practices, processes, and procedures
- Previous on-the-job computer word processing/spreadsheet experience
- Good data entry/keyboarding skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to work effectively and safely when dealing with stressful situations
- Completion of a recognized post secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a Microsoft Office software environment
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
POSTED DATE: November 3, 2022 CLOSING DATE: November 17, 2022
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.