Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
In support of the efficient operation of the Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, the principal responsibilities of the WARD CLERK include: performing reception responsibilities; providing clerical support; organizing and maintaining patient charts, electronic and paper information filing systems; performing patient administration functions including scheduling and coordinating appointments/meetings/events, maintaining written and/or electronic calendar/schedules, etc; coordinating unit administrative functions; ensuring the efficient operation of the unit, within the scope of authority; and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year related clerical experience
- General knowledge of office practices, processes, and procedures
- Previous on-the-job computer word processing/spreadsheet experience
- Good data entry/keyboarding skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to work effectively and safely when dealing with stressful situations
- Completion of a recognized post secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a Microsoft Office software environment preferred
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
POSTED DATE: September 10, 2020 CLOSING DATE: September 17, 2020
If you are interested in contributing at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.