Job Posting #: 919313
Union: NOWU bargaining unit
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Inpatient Malignant Hematology Unit (15A)
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Hours: 30 hours bi-weekly
Wage range: $18.97 – $23.71 per hour (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy)
Status: Permanent Part Time
Posted Date: May 11, 2023
Closing Date: May 18, 2023
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Ward Clerk in our Inpatient Malignant Hematology Unit.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses. Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.?
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre has 12 site groups and 26 specialty clinics, and almost 3,000 staff who see over 400,000 patient visits every year. Its 800,000 square feet house 130 inpatient beds, 373,000 square feet of research space and 17 radiation treatment machines, making it one of the largest comprehensive cancer treatment facilities in the world and the largest radiation treatment centre in Canada. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
- performing reception responsibilities;
- providing clerical support;
- organizing and maintaining patient charts, electronic and paper information filing systems;
- performing patient administration functions including scheduling and coordinating appointments/meetings/events, maintaining written and/or electronic calendar/schedules, etc.;
- coordinating unit administrative functions;
- ensuring the efficient operation of the unit, within the scope of authority;
- performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year recent related clerical experience
- General knowledge of office practices, processes, and procedures
- Previous on-the-job computer word processing/spreadsheet experience
- Good data entry/keyboarding skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to work effectively and safely when dealing with stressful situations
- Knowledge of Emergency Assistance Codes
- Completion of a recognized post- secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a Microsoft Office software environment
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP?https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance.? Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.