Note: Hours/Days of work specified on this posting are not guaranteed and are subjected to change at the discretion of the department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
In support of the efficient operation of the 3B Fell In-Patient Unit, the principal responsibilities of the Ward Clerk include: performing reception responsibilities; providing clerical support; organizing and maintaining patient charts, electronic and paper information filing systems; performing patient administration functions including scheduling and coordinating appointments/meetings/events, maintaining written and/or electronic calendar/schedules, etc; coordinating unit administrative functions; ensuring the efficient operation of the unit, assisting with other assignments as required by Nurse Manager.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year related clerical experience
- General knowledge of office practices, processes, and procedures
- Previous on-the-job computer word processing/spreadsheet experience
- Excellent data entry/keyboarding skills – accurate and detailed oriented
- Proficient with Payroll scheduling,inputting and submitting – computerized module
- Experience in booking Patient appointments and required testings
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Needs to be dependable/reliable/flexible for all scheduled shifts
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to work effectively and safely when dealing with stressful situations
- Completion of a recognized post secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a Microsoft Office software environment preferred
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Familiarity to UHN EPR is an asset