“Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
Our dynamic, multidisciplinary team consists of, but not limited to physicians, nursing, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional support, social work, pharmacy, and pastoral care. The focus for the health care team is quality patient outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction.
As a member of the COVID Unit team, the principal responsibilities of the Ward Clerk include: performing patient admitting/registration function; performing patient administrative services; organizing and maintaining patient charts, electronic and paper information filing systems(s); performing reception responsibilities; performing unit administrative services; providing routine clerical support services; ensuring efficient operation of the unit, within scope of authority; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Completion of a post-secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or recognized equivalent preferred
- Minimum one (1) year related clerical experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- General knowledge of office practices, processes and procedures
- Previous on-the-job word processing and spreadsheet experience
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- TCS/Payroll experience preferred
- Experience working in a health care environment
- Experience working in a Microsoft Office software environment preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle difficult patients and/or situations
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand