Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
9ES is a 24-bed, General Surgery/Surgical Oncology unit built on a strong foundation of interprofessional teamwork, dedicated to providing high quality person-centered care. The adult patient population includes elective and emergency admissions of surgical and non-surgical patients. Our focus is surgical oncology, related to gastrointestinal cancers, hepatobiliary diseases and colorectal disorders. The unit is comprised of both Level 1 (ward) and Level 2 (acute care unit/step-down) beds. This is a high acuity, fast-paced unit.
As a member of the General Surgery Inpatient Unit, the principal responsibilities of the WARD CLERK include: performing patient admitting/registration function; performing patient administrative services; organizing and maintaining patient charts, electronic and paper information filing systems(s); performing reception responsibilities; performing unit administrative services; providing routine clerical support services; ensuring efficient operation of the unit, within scope of authority; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Completion of a post secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or recognized equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- General knowledge of office practices, processes and procedures
- Previous on-the-job word processing and spreadsheet experience
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset
- Experience working in a Microsoft Office software environment an asset
- 1 year to less than 2 years practical and related experience and/or 3 months to less than 6 months on the job training
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle difficult patients and/or situations
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
POSTED DATE: September 17, 2020 CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2020
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.