Branch Location: Toronto, ON.
Truck Drivers will operate a flatbed, amongst other equipment – to transport and deliver materials and equipment to job sites. Will be required to load and unload truck. Drivers will also be responsible for maintaining and updating daily log books.
Truck drivers work in the cab of the truck while driving, and outside when needed to load or unload. They can encounter all kinds of road, weather and traffic conditions. Truck drivers generally work without direct supervision.
Within the shop, responsibilities will include; operation of various types of machinery, as well as the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of machinery, and any necessary assigned work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations;
- Perform trip inspections on equipment operated and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness;
- Manoeuvre trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned;
- Completing and maintaining safety check sheets and driver logs;
- Responsible for pre and post trip inspections – Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles;
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion;
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form;
- Assist in loading and unloading of trucks;
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up;
- Construction site/yard clean-up and organization;
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the shop;
- Troubleshoot, adjust, or perform minor maintenance for any machinery that requires attention;
- Order necessary parts, supplies and services;
- Operate various types of machinery as required.
- 1+ years of heavy truck driving experience, flatbed experience is required;
- Full knowledge of daily log books, daily vehicle/trailer inspections;
- Valid AZ or DZ driver’s license;
- Clean Drivers Abstract and CVOR;
- Valid Forklift license, preferred;
How to Apply:
Please apply directly online, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org