Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning …
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
As a member of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab Team, the Cath Lab MEDICAL RADIATION TECHNOLOGIST functions in a cross-trained role. Responsibilities include: performing high quality cardiac imaging in both diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures, monitoring and recording of Hemo-Dynamic parameters and scrubbing in for procedures as outlined in the departmental procedure manuals. They are also responsible for maintaining high standards of practice, ensuring radiation safety for patients and staff in accordance with the Healing Arts Radiation Protection Act (HARP) and its regulations, and the As Low As Reasonably Achievable Principle (ALARA). They maintain current knowledge of the Cardiac Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and utilize the system to view, manipulate and archive digital cardiac images in the final image formation. Other responsibilities include: operating, troubleshooting and ensuring that cardiac imaging and ancillary equipment are performing in an effective and efficient manner; preparing written and electronic reports required to document all procedures and test results; participating in teaching, educational, research, safety and quality improvement programs/activities; performing other related patient care responsibilities to facilitate the provision of optimal patient care; observing and understanding hospital and departmental policies and procedures; adhering to the hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient confidentiality; performing cross-functional responsibilities as assigned, or requested; performing other duties related to the job classification, as required.
- Performs high quality cardiac imaging procedures as outlined in the procedure manuals for the Cath Lab/MPOR and GTx OR
- Operate, troubleshoot and ensure cardiac imaging and ancillary equipment are performing in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepares written and electronic reports required to document all procedures and test results
- Participates in teaching, education, research, safety and quality improvement programs/activities
- Performs other related patient care responsibilities to facilitate the provision of optimal patient care.
- Observes and understands Hospital and departmental policies and procedures; adheres to Hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Current experience as Registered Medical Imaging Technologist required
- Current experience in at least one of the following modalities: General Radiography; CT; Interventional Radiology required
- Current experience in Interventional Radiology preferred.
- Registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) required.
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists preferred.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.