As an integral member of the Point of Care Testing (POCT) team, the Technician 3 performs a variety of support functions under direct supervision including: performing limited maintenance and troubleshooting of POCT instruments, responding to clinical area requests for replacement of broken glucose meters, participate in POCT instrument validations following established procedures, coordination of clinical area glucose meter proficiency testing, maintaining supplies inventory for the POCT Department, performing report handling and statistics collection responsibilities; performing other duties related to POCT; observing and understanding Hospital and departmental policies and procedures; adhering to Hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient confidentiality; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned, or requested; performing other duties related to and consistent with the job classification, as required. Will be required to travel to all sites.
- Completion of Grade 12, or recognized equivalent
- Graduate of a certified post secondary Laboratory Technician or Laboratory Assistant certificate program, or recognized equivalent
- OSMT (Ontario Society of Medical Technologists) or CSMLS certification, preferred
- Minimum one (1) year related work experience in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO/IQMH point of care testing laboratory accreditation standards, preferred
- Minimum one (1) year recent work experience in, venipuncture, ECG and specimen management
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory equipment maintenance and operation
- Effective organizational, time management skills and prioritization skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of appropriate behaviour required working successfully in a diverse work group.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Procedures in a laboratory
- Computer literate in Windows based applications
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: October 8, 2020 CLOSING DATE: October 15, 2020
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.