$50,000–$60,000 a year
Technical Writer, Sustainability Associate
Reporting to the Sustainability Services Manager, Wasteco is seeking a professional, reliable, and highly motivated individual with a passion for Waste Sustainability to fill the position of Technical Writer, Sustainability Associate. The successful candidate will support the delivery and execution of data reporting and assurance services to public and private sector clients across a range of industries.
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain waste performance documents, including audit reports, waste reduction work plans and monthly diversion reports.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information of materials in different waste streams.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating waste audits.
- Assist in conducting and compiling data during waste audits.
- Respond and assist clients in a timely manner
What we are looking for:
- Keen eye for detail with the ability to review, analyze, and process high-volume data sets and information, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work on multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients’ business needs.
- Participate in events designed to communicate sustainable waste management practices with clients.
- Additional projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma from an accredited institution (preferably sustainability business management, environmental management, environmental sciences or environmental technician with a focus or interest in waste management).
- Proficient in Excel, MS Office and the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Experience with statistics and environmental sampling & analysis
- An understanding of and interest in current environmental and waste management issues, relevant environmental legislation such as Ontario’s proposed EPR and familiarity with BOMA, LEED and/or 3R Certification requirements for waste management.
- LEED Green Associate, Standard Waste Audit Method training an asset.
- First Aid certification an asset.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com by no later than Friday, April 28, 2023.
Work Environment: This position is a hybrid role. The successful candidate is expected to work in-office, from home, as well as occasional site visits.
Wasteco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are happy to provide accommodations upon request for candidates taking place at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Based on the Ontario COVID-19 workplace safety plan recommendations, we have developed and keep current our Wasteco COVID-19 Safety Plan for the workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M6A 1Y7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What is your proficiency with using excel?
- sustainability: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in North York, ON M6A 1Y7
Application deadline: 2023-04-21