Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company? Do you have technical skills, ‘hands on’ experience with the construction trades sector and a passion for best in class customer service for commercial and institutional buildings?
Swegon North America is a leader in HVAC commercial Ventilation and integrated heating and cooling solutions. We offer half of a century of unsurpassed industry experience to mechanical engineering consultants and contractors. Swegon supplies components and systems creating superior indoor climate, energy conservation and acoustic solutions producing environments designed for ultimate quality and comfort.
Our Corporate Values: Customer Empathy, Trust and Commitment
What we offer…
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Comprehensive benefits that start on your very first day
- Flexible work hours
- Modern and spacious employee lounge including a big screen TV and Ping Pong
- Team building and social events
- Convenient location in Markham, free parking and many amenities close by
Reporting to the Vice President Sales – Commercial Ventilation, this role is responsible for the technical management and site commissioning for Swegon’s suite of HVAC products for institutional and commercial projects. This is an exciting NEW position with our Commercial Ventilation team and will be based out of North American headquarters in Markham, ON. This role will appeal to someone who is well connected with mechanical and controls contractors within the construction sector. The Technical Services Manager will have one direct report and together they will be the key points of contact with Service Representative network through manufacturers reps and onsite trades for providing outstanding service, support and troubleshooting for Swegon projects.
- The incumbent will be the lead for Factory Representation for site commissioning work for HVAC equipment, including balancing reports
- Providing HVAC product service, commissioning and technical support
- Liaise with Swegon factories in North America and Europe, project management team, the sales organization, direct contractors and customers
- Onsite with construction projects – dealing with various trade stakeholders from mechanical, sheet metal, BMS controls and general contractors
- Providing service diagnostics, troubleshooting and identifying root cause HVAC issues for commercial and institutional projects
- Providing training and warranty management for servicing and using Swegon products
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years Commercial Service Management experience
- HVAC Product, Service and Commissioning technical skills
- Education – BEng, Community College Technical Degree or Trades Certificate Education (C of Q)
- Institutional and Commercial construction site experience – For example Universities/Colleges, schools, hotels, office towers etc.
- Experienced managing positive working relationships with key stakeholders for onsite construction projects
- Experience working with general contractors, mechanical contractors, BMS control contractors
- 20% + travel required, candidate must be able to travel throughout the USA
- Project Management and Supervisory skills are an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.