The Technical Services Coordinator is responsible for configuration, testing, installation and support of various hardware and software in multiple locations within the Ontario Division. Responsible for incident management and resolution of level 1 and 2 tickets for all office, warehouse, store network and technology hardware. Configures and supports all telephony devices within the Ontario Division.
- Configures, tests, and installs hardware and software specific to user and operational requirements. This includes desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, wireless devices, talkmans, UPS, PDT’s, network switches, mobile devices, and other hardware as required.
- Incident management of all tickets related to networking equipment, all hardware and software within office warehouse and store locations. Must be able to identify the problem and implement necessary fixes to resolve quickly to avoid disruption to the business areas. Must prioritize incidents and escalate where necessary.
- Creates, receives, updates and manages level 1 and 2 incident tickets using the C2 system, in a timely manner. This includes new requests, adds,moves, changes and incidents.
- Supports telephony requests and incidents for office, warehouse and store locations. Must be able to trace and terminate phones lines, handle software programming and hardware configuration. Resolves issues where possible and if vendor service required must be able to create detailed work order. Regular follow up to completion.
- Works with Corporate IT to identify issues requiring 3rd level support, ensuring that preliminary testing has been done and detailed information provided to assist in troubleshooting. Extensive testing and supporting documentation.
- Must stay current with ever changing technology including both software and hardware to be able implement, and support. Utilize resources effectively, outside courses, documentation, internet to achieve.
- Provide after hour and weekend support on a rotation basis for all areas of the business. Must be able to identify and resolve problems and escalate where necessary. Prompt attention is required to avoid disruption to the business.
- Implements new hardware and software as required by Corporate IT and business user requirements following project schedules and timelines. Must be available for overtime if required.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Post Secondary Diploma/ Degree in a related field (Computer Science, or Information Systems an asset)
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of computer devices, various software, hardware, networking equipment,collaboration tools and telephony.
- Sound knowledge of Lan/Wan Environments
- Required to provide 24/7 pager support 8 times per year
- Travelling between locations as well as lifting and transporting computer equipment
- Must have car
- Proven troubleshooting experience