University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Technical Analyst I, QIPCM at Techna Institute.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Techna is a research institute at UHN that is focused on the advancement of healthcare technology. The QIPCM (Quantitative Imaging in Personalized Cancer Medicine) Imaging Core Lab at Techna is looking for a dynamic software developer to join their team. The QIPCM program provides end-to-end testing and analysis support for clinical trials, to improve consistency and reliability in clinical trial data.
Our infrastructure was designed to help clinical investigators achieve systematic image collection and improved collaboration. Our modular design equips us with capacity to handle large volume imaging data. The Software Developer will work on building applications to support our tools, infrastructure and research.
- Use sound agile development practices (testing and code reviewing, etc.) to develop and deliver technology solutions
- Implement approved designs following best practices and with high quality standard
- Contribute to detailed component design and development plan
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team members to resolve issues raised by testing throughout the development cycle.
- Working in a team environment with excellent communication, time management skills and task prioritization for multiple concurrent projects
- A completion of an undergraduate degree program preferably with focus in computer science, or experience equivalent to minimum 2 years working as a software developer in the health care field.
- Experience with software development concepts and methodologies including software development life cycle, design patterns, version control, issue tracking, using tools such as JIRA and Git/Bitbucket
- Required technical skills:
- Experience in developing web-based application
- C# and .NET framework, ASP.NET Core
- API-based development and workflow
- relational and non-relational databases (Mongo, MySQL,Postgresql)
- Strong web UI design
- Blazor library UI component, Docker
- Able to work independently and willing to learn in a dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skill with a critical mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating challenges and solutions effectively
- Preferred skills:
- Experience with DICOM standard and PACS
- Experience with machine learning, computer vison and/or image processing
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: October 1, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.