Canada Computers & Electronics is a retailer of personal computers, IT components, and consumer electronics. We strive to provide our clients with the latest and greatest technology and services for the best value. Our people are knowledgeable, passionate and go beyond expectations to delight our clients.
We offer the right platform and support for your professional growth and advancement. Join us today to launch your career with Canada Computers & Electronics!
We are looking for a qualified System Administrator to join our IT team, who will be responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting any issues that occur within a company’s data center and network. The individual should be able to monitor the system and network’s performance closely and have a plan in place if any data is missing or at risk.
- Provide first level support for server infrastructure (Cloud, Head Office and Stores)
- Monitor and audit server for performance, security, and availability; and take remedial actions as necessary to ensure ongoing system success
- Troubleshoot and repair server/network issues
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of server software and hardware
- Protect data integrity and system security, including data back-up and record storage, system documentation, and a detailed disaster recovery plan
- Execute daily backup for all the servers handled
- Managing multiple networks and security infrastructure of the business environment
- Configure network monitoring, threat identification and management
- Monitoring network performance such as availability, utilization, and test for weaknesses
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as System Administrator is required.
- In depth knowledge of Linux: Including but not limited to CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Solid experience with Apache/Nginx, PHP, MySQL and/or MariaDB, including installation, upgrade, and troubleshooting.
- Expert in Shell, Perl, Python scripting
- Familiar with VMWare and Hypervisor virtualization environments.
- Solid knowledge of TCP protocols such as DNS, HTTPS, LDAPS, SMTP, and firewall.
- Generate and renew certificates on Web servers and other equipment
- Git installation and management skills
- Experiences with Moodle, including installation, maintenance, and upgrade is a plus.
- Work in off hours as required for upgrades and patching.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Canada Computers is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Canada Computers will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- system administration: 3 years (preferred)