This position identifies the needs of individuals supported and delivers supports and programs consistent with life plans in order to enhance their capacity to function in all aspects of community living.
- Post-secondary education with focus on Social Services or Developmental Services is required and knowledge of health-care procedures and mechanical equipment – wheelchairs, lifts, G-tubes and other specialized equipment is required.
- Post-secondary education in non-related field will require an additional minimum of 1 year of related work experience.
- Successful completion of internal legislated and mandated training is required.
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Candidates must pass a medical and be free of contagious disease in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and maintain appropriate immunizations, including providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (including any recommended boosters/additional doses), subject to required human rights accommodation. Should a candidate be unable to vaccinate for bona fide human rights related reasons as protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, Community Living Toronto will assess whether or not accommodation is possible without undue hardship based on the obligations of this position.
Under the direction of a program supervisor, this position is responsible for:
- Supporting the development of strategies and delivery of services and supports according to life plans and personal outcomes.
- Providing case management to individuals on caseload and assisting with case management of other individuals supported.
- Ensuring that appropriate personal and physical care, crisis response, counseling and emotional support is provided.
- Participating in assessing the long term service needs of individuals supported and of the program and identifying opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Coordinating and providing direct support in the implementation of life plans and monitoring achievement of personal and program outcomes.
- Maintaining documentation, monitoring finances for individuals supported and ensuring an appropriate standard of living for individuals supported.
- Locating housing and employment opportunities for individuals supported.
- Providing direction to staff regarding service delivery.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: From $48,290.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- DCS / DEC (required)
Work Location: In person