$31.96–$39.95 an hour
Full Job Description
JOB POSTING #909631
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: SUPPORT SERVICES
Reports to: MANAGER
Hours: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK; SUN-THURS 2300-0700
Status: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Support Services Supervisor in our Support Services Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Support Services Team the SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISOR plays a key leadership role by coaching, mentoring, training, providing direction and ensuring quality of the services they are responsible for. In compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations and Infection Prevention and Control Standards, the principle responsibilities include: performing administrative responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective operation of the service, ensuring quality standards are maintained through the performance of audits and feedback to staff, supporting and ensuring a collaborative working environment, using innovative ideas and concepts to provide leadership in effecting change and improving the quality of service within the framework of the UHN Quality Program; performing planning/project responsibilities; supervising and developing human resources, including assigning duties and responsibilities; performing financial responsibilities; monitoring and keeping equipment in good repair, performing cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII + additional program under 1 year
- Minimum successful completion of a 3-year community college program in Healthcare Environmental Services Management, or successful completion of the OHHA Environmental Services Leadership Program/equivalent, or completion of the OHHA Environmental Services Leadership Program within 1st year of employment with UHN.
- Four (4) years housekeeping/linen supervisory experience
- Five (5) years housekeeping/linen/transportation supervisory experience required
- Four (4) years of housekeeping/linen/transportation experience
- Experience with Quality Improvement programs
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience with project management principles
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Technical knowledge of housekeeping, linen, laundry and transport equipment required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of Accreditation ROP’s for Transportation, WHMIS, Public Health Ontario Environmental
- Cleaning Standards, Infection Prevention and Control, and Housekeeping Cleaning Standards &
- Procedures required.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (OH&S, Ministry of Labour) required
- Knowledge of patient transportation and dispatching procedures required.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: November 10, 2022 Closing Date: November 17, 2022
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.