This position is responsible for overseeing the accuracy of the processes and procedures for all HR administrative activities supporting our stores and pharmacies within the Ontario Division including the weekly maintenance of employee information, location transfers, relief premiums, layoffs/recalls, promotions, new hires, terminations, store openings and closures. The Supervisor, Human Resources is responsible for offering the best employee experience when communicating with HR Retail Support, identifying areas for efficiencies and executing in a timely manner.
- Supervise daily activities and employee relations of direct reports, including performance management. Motivate, inspire them to be the best team. Develop direct reports by setting and supporting their goals. Review processes on a regular basis for efficiencies.
- Provide weekly support by assisting with the processing of various employee master data changes, such as: new hires, terminations, status and location changes, salary adjustments, promotions, demotions, address changes, etc.
- Communicate effectively the complex administration practices for all collective agreements to ensure all deadlines are met including appropriate approvals to meet the 52-109 requirements.
- Analyze and assess collective agreement ratifications. Communicate and implement changes that relate to departmental processes and procedures within the outlined deadlines.
- Maintenance of all departmental reference and communication documents, including updates and accuracy of the online references on the document centre.
- Oversee all store closures and openings to ensure all paperwork is received and processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the integrity of the Human Resource master data, ensuring accuracy of the system through audit reports.
- Analyze and recommend enhancements to processes resulting from departmental audits and trends.
- Running of standard reporting and analyisis of data when required.
- Provide Superuser assistance, trouble shoots issues and log any system issues to the configuration team and conduct testing as required.
- Prioritize actions and issues that support HR strategy and department objectives.
- Communicate with departments, peers and direct reports process or system changes and impacts.
- Act as back up to HR Analyst for CATS inquires and broadcast office communication.
- College diploma or University (certificate) or postgrad HR studies
- 3 – 5 years relevant HR experience
- 1 – 2 years of Supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communciation skills
- Basic knowledge and application of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. ESA, Human Rights, HRSDC and PIPEDA).
- Advance knowledge of MS Office
- SAP knowledge, experience with a testing environment would be an asset
The position reports to the Assistant HR Manager (Office) and is jointly responsible for a team of approximately 4 Human Resources Coordinators supporting the administration of the SAP/HR system for Stores and Pharmacies. The position has external contacts with government agencies such as Service Canada.