Position Title: Supervisor Data (Temp)
Requisition ID: 8626
Career Group (ADSP): Distribution Center
Division: Nat – Logistique et Distribution (80195254)
Department: Logistics and Distribution
Position Location: METRO ON – 170 THE WEST MALL (#A-WEST) (Grocery)
Position Type: Temporary
The role of the Data Supervisor is to provide support to Distribution Centre Operations by working with supervision and union employees in a fast paced environment. This is accomplished by prioritizing and executing confirmed tasks, directing the workforce to complete the tasks as assigned. Responsible for collecting and processing data in the System (WMS) in order to maintain the integrity of the System (WMS). Data Supervisors rolemodel the Metro pillars, Customer Focus, Best Team, Execution and Efficiency. Provide flexible, reliable and responsive service to our stores. This is an entry level Supervisory role.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that company and legislative health and safety practices are followed within the workplace through on-going monitoring of health and safety programs and audits; provision of all equipment, material and protective wear.
- Conduct facility 5s / housekeeping audits to ensure the facility is clean, tidy and efficiently laid out.
- Investigate root cause of safety incidents, communicate and follow up on corrective actions with key stakeholders.
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to health, safety and sanitation procedures. Ensure procedures are understood and practiced by the team at all times.
Quality and Accuracy
- This work activity requires data entry maintaining various paper driven records; and includes data entry in WMS to create-complete work units.
- Investigate, identify and reconcile any inventory discrepancies to ensure physical and systematic accuracy.
- Audit process along with paper flow errors to identify inconsistencies that affect inventory accuracy.
- Supervise and coordinate the appropriate processing of purchase orders, receiving reports, outbound invoices and inventory reports.
- Train and supervise employees within scope of receiving, shipping, inventory control and releasing orders to ensure compliance with quality standards, procedures, policies and deadlines.
- Data entry activity into pre-formatted information cells and/or confirmation prompting to continue activity/complete as task. This assigns Work Units to forklifts, selectors, loaders or receivers depending the element application at the time they are assigned to.
- Establish and maintain high personal involvement through effective engagement, accessibility and visibility for distribution employees.
- Ensures policies and practices are respected related to employee relations and promotes efforts to build strong employee engagement.
- Lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilizing appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
- Interaction with union personal related to work units they create, communication, follow through on related issues that arise from those work units requiring Data Supervisor to make independent decisions front-line to correct, assist in maintaining integrity of a task completion.
- Identify and communicate to Manager, any continuous improvement initiatives to reduce waste and additional handling within the Distribution Center.
- Ensure all tasks and processes are completed with a keen focus on internal (Unionized staff, DC Leadership, HR, Safety) and external customer (Transportation, Replenishment, Stores, Customers) requirements.
- Possess 1-2 years of relevant work experience within a unionized manufacturing or distribution environment.
- College diploma and/or University degree. Equivalent combination of post-secondary education and directly related experience can be considered. CITT/or other distinction related to Logistics preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Warehouse Management Systems and Inventory Control Systems.
- Accurate Data Entry skills.
- Ability to work flexible shifts or hours.
- Detail oriented, strong problem solving skills, with excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, is organized and is capable of dealing with multiple tasks.
Unionized employees, Store Managers, Head Office, Distribution Centre Management, Vendors, Truck Drivers.