Position: Student, Administrative Support
Site: Princess Margaret cancer Centre
Department: Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) & Immune Effector Cell (IEC) Program
Reports To: Quality Program Manager
Hours: 37.5 Hours/Week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (Until September 2021)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for a summer student to fill the role of Student, Admin Support in our Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) and Immune Effector Cell (IEC) Program.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
- Document editing and formatting
- Provide user support for the document control system (Paradigm)
- Provides general administrative support to the BMT-IEC Quality Program (e.g. arranges quality program meetings and logistics, prepares materials, meeting minutes and agendas)
- Perform cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the internship, as assigned or requested
- Support program audits
- Student currently enrolled in a undergraduate Health Sciences program
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively handle confidential matters and materials.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Proficient with managing and troubleshooting software technology, preferred
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: June 24, 2021 Closing Date: July 1, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.