We are Miscellaneous and Structural Steel Specialists. With over twenty years of expertise in welding, fabricating, and installing Miscellaneous and Structural steel for various commercial, industrial, and residential construction projects, Tremonte Manufacturing has become an established and respected custom ironworks supplier/installer in the GTA and Ontario marketplace. Today, Tremonte Mfg. provides custom ironworks to meet a wide variety of our clients demanding requirements. We supply the full package of structural and miscellaneous ironworks required for high-rise residential-commercial projects, for new and existing free standing industrial-commercial buildings, for renovations and additions to existing structures, and for custom built homes.
Tremonte Mfg is looking for a Project Manager and Professional Engineer (structural engineer- PEO) to join our team in our Toronto office and plant. We are seeking an energetic, open-minded, ambitious candidate with a positive attitude and minimum of two years’ experience in Structual & Miscellaeous Ironworks – construction management. The successful candidate must be local resident (GTA) and will undertake a variety of tasks including efficiently manage multiple projects, coordinate with sub-trades and vendors, establish and maintain projects budget and schedule.
· Work closely with Clients, Vendors, Sub-Trades and Site Foreman to coordinate schedules, communicate project progress, assisting with documents and processes.
· Attend meetings and perform routine site visits to monitor construction progress and compliance with contract documents.
· Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
· Maintain various documents and that information is accurate and up to date.
· Co-ordinate projects with other management and operations manager
· Lead and oversee the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects.
· Orders materials, subcontractors, and services necessary to start and complete the project; ensures required materials and equipment are delivered/available on site to eliminate wait times/minimize down time
· Ensure all project requirements are met all project costs are within the project budgets.
· Ensure the maximum utilization of manpower, materials, equipment, and subcontract resources.
· Comply with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements.
· Maintains project oversights, remains up-to-date on progress, monitors code compliance.
· Provide quality assurance throughout project both in shop production and site installation
· Manage vendor relationships and performance
· Oversees and initiates final inspections, deficiencies, and warranties as appropriate.
· Prepare tender estimates and quotations from clients based on specs and drawings.
· Working in a high-pressure environment closing tenders on time, meeting client schedules.
· Quotes on any supplementary work beyond original contract scope of work.
· Submit detailed shop drawings
· Review and stamp (w/PEO seal) other junior draftsmen dwgs
· Review and approve project related invoices
· Provide and maintain all project related purchase orders
· Create and submit all project related site instructions and change orders
· Work in a team environment and independently.
· Other duties as required
· Positive attitude and capable of working with others and independantly
· Effective time management skills with the strong ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects
· Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
· Capability of assuming responsibility and exercising independent judgement
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
· Well Organized with high-attention to detail and excellent time management skills
· Customer oriented with expectational interpersonal/communication skills (verbal and written)
· Highrise Residential and Commercial Construction experience would be an asset
· Good Problem Solver
· Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
· Team player, helping the team to achieve overall mission
· Strong computer skills, MS. office and related general program
· Proficient in AutoCAD and related computer drafting software
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
· Construction, steel fabrication/installation with knowledge of welding and ironworks
· Project management and/or Prof. Eng. Ont. (civil-structural steel); 2 years+ Preferred (EIT, PPE, CET, any related professional engineering designation welcome, local or abroad)
· Exposure to vast array of metal works (architectural metal, miscellaneous and structural steel)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have ample space within our office, plant and work sites to practice safe physical distancing and respect those who wish to exercise any additional protocols.
- Project Management: 2 years (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- PEO – Structural (Preferred)