CUPE JOB POSTING #898606 – REPOST
Position: Storesperson, Materials Management
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Materials Management
Reports To: Manager
Wage Schedule: $24.54-$25.31 per hour
(Start rate: $24.54 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements).
Hours: 15 hours per week; Saturday and Sunday 0800 to 1600
Status: Permanent Part-Time
As an integral member of Materials Management, the responsibilities of the STORESPERSON include: maintaining responsible for the daily replenishment/distribution cycle of stock items to Nursing, Clinical and Support areas; using state of the art technologies to count inventory in designated locations each day; entering counts from pre-established quotas to determine order quantities; transmitting orders via scanner technology to the offsite warehouse; putting away stock, in a timely manner, determining the best way to organize stock to maximize space; answering and responding to emergency calls from Nursing units; performing all duties in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act; performing cross functional duties as assigned and/or required: performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
A valid Class G Ontario Driver’s license
Valid Lift Truck (Forklift) Operator’s license to operate tow motors (Approximately 2 days in house training)
- WHMIS certificate required (Approximately 1 day in house training)
- 1 year to less than 2 years practical and related experience and/or 3 months to less than 6 months on the job training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, with the ability to read, write and comprehend English proficiently
- Must have good memory to be able to know where to obtain required supplies
- Must be able to develop product knowledge to respond to requests for particular items at any given time
- Ability to push, pull and lift heavy objects, required.
- Ability to walk, stand crouch for long periods of time, required.
- Ability to use equipment common to the work being performed such as computerized inventory system, scanner, photocopier, telephone, lift trucks, tow motor etc.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Knowledge of medical product terminology required
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including: Lifting totes weighing approximately 75 lbs, lifting products to stock onto shelves above head, pulling heavy carts, continuous standing & walking; able to lift 31 to 40 kg
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
POSTED DATE: September 16, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSTING IS BEING REPOSTED. IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED, PLEASE RE-APPLY.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted