WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science-first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a flexible customer service-oriented Store Associate to join our Square One Team to deliver memorable experiences to our customers in Mississauga. This is a part-time 24hours/week position – MUST BE available to work weekends and mall hours.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Greet all customers who enter the store with enthusiasm and professionalism reflecting DECIEM’s vision through excellent service
- Determine the customer’s needs and suggest relevant products by listening to the customer and sharing the product knowledge acquired during brand training
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and safety are met
- Adhere to the DECIEM experience and deliver unparalleled customer service. Educate customers about the world of Beauty and Skin Care, DECIEM brands, and products
- Manage customer feedback and queries
- Assist in maintaining store standards of cleanliness and organization
- Be aware of and assist in maintaining DECIEM’s merchandising concepts
- Ensure tidiness standards are always respected and maintained
- Conduct products refunds and address customer issues in a positive manner
- Responsible for opening/closing of the store, bank deposits, and paperwork.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Experience in the Retail, and luxury industry is highly desirable and ideally, within Fragrance, Beauty, Fashion, and Luxury Goods sectors.
- Comfortable in engaging customers and applying products to the customer while providing consultations
- Ability to multi-task, while providing professional and outstanding customer service
- Desire to thrive working in a team environment
- Effective time management and communication skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here are a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- First dibs on new products.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honored to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come“.
DECIEM is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Thank you for reading the whole thing! If you liked what you heard, kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. <3