What on earth is DECIEM?
DECIEM is a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands like NIOD, Hylamide, and The Ordinary. We’ve been called every good and bad thing you can think of like “The most thrilling thing to happen to skincare” and “The hottest beauty company right now”.
Over the past year, we’ve sold more than one product every second, opened the doors to our 35th store, and welcomed our 1000th employee. With many products in development, a new 70,000 square-foot HQ to call home, and plans for even further retail expansion, we are excited to do even bigger things in 2020.
Ranked one of Linkedln’s Top 25 Startup Companies of 2018.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Full-time Store Assistant Manager for our Yorkville, Toronto location. This person will assist with most aspects of the day-to-day operations for the store, including inventory accuracy, stock organization, meeting sales/targets, as well as ongoing coaching for staff.
The Assistant Manager plays an integral role in developing a loyal customer base and is accountable for ensuring an exceptional customer experience through team development and leading by example.
What would you be doing?
- Ensure that all staff members are always delivering the DECIEM experience and providing the highest level of customer service
- Lead by example through educating customers about the world of skincare and beauty and all DECIEM products. Managing customer feedback when necessary
- Meet sales and achieving profitability by controlling costs (labor, supplies, inventory, etc.)
- Deliver feedback and coaching on a regular basis to team members and promote a positive and fun atmosphere
- Manage and delegate tasks to Store Associates
- Oversee day-to-day operations including enforcing store policies and procedures, resolving cash discrepancies, processing refunds, and troubleshooting, inventory, merchandising needs, store cleanliness, stock organization
- Lead by example in the store for professionalism and create a team culture that adheres to DECIEM’s core values
- Support marketing initiatives to drive growth and sales awareness
- Stay up to date (and ensure staff are up to date as well) with product knowledge, company information, new launches, campaigns, and promotions
- Adhere to the Health and Safety Awareness and guidelines
- Communicate any quality control, maintenance, procedural or operational concerns to reporting Store Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Minimum 3 – 5 years in a full-time leadership role preferably in retail/sales
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, a College, University degree is preferred
- Attentive to customer needs, questions, and feedback
- Responsible, trustworthy, and reliable
- A people person with strong interpersonal skills
- Must have open availability including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Effective time management and communication skills
Still interested? …What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying to this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Application Deadline: 2020-08-21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- beauty consulting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Leadership retail management: 3 years (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)