Position Title: Stationary Engineer
Requisition ID: 27895
Career Group (ADSP): Distribution Center
Department: Logistics and Distribution
Work Location: METRO ON – COLD CHAIN – 5559 Dundas St W., Etobicoke ON
Province: Canada : Ontario
Position Type: Permanent
This position reports to the Chief Engineer & Maintenance Supervisor. As a Stationary Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for the cooling system in the warehouse, taking safety as the number one priority.
- Looking after Ammonia refrigeration plant including its computer related monitoring and accessories
- Maintenance of Ammonia piping, occasional trips on roof
- Penthouse cleaning, Ammonia piping, coil drains & coil fans
- Able to handle screw and reciprocating compressors, Ammonia & water pumps, cooling towers
- Proper use of Ammonia gas mask & follow Safety Protocols as per Metro’s policies & TSSA Regulations
- Taking care of battery chargers as required, checking electrolytes in the batteries
- The incumbent will provide their own basic tools of the trade and safety shoes
- Safety awareness is key and must adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Hold a valid Class “B Refrigeration Operator” or 3rd Class Stationary Engineer certificate
- Experience on Ammonia systems
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Flexibility to work on various shifts (days, afternoons and nights) and weekends is a must
- Previous computer experience; experience with preventative maintenance systems is an asset
- Member of Unifor Local 414
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Unionized Employees
- Management, Distribution Centres
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.11-$29.46 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Ammonia Refrigeration: 1 year (preferred)
- Refrigeration Class B OR 3rd Class Stationary Certificate (required)
Work Location: One location