Department: Produce Distribution Centre
Position type: Permanent – Full time
Shifts: Sunday -Thursday (10:00 PM – 6:00 AM)
Hourly Pay rate: $20.86 – $27.21
Benefits and Pension plan available
This position reports to the Chief Engineer & Maintenance Supervisor. As a Stationary Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for the cooling system in the warehouse, taking safety as the number one priority.
- Looking after Ammonia refrigeration plant including its computer related monitoring and accessories.
- Maintenance of Ammonia piping, occasional trips on roof.
- Penthouse cleaning, Ammonia piping, coil drains & coil fans.
- Able to handle screw and reciprocating compressors, Ammonia & water pumps, cooling towers.
- Proper use of Ammonia gas mask & follow Safety Protocols as per Metro’s policies & TSSA Regulations.
- Taking care of battery chargers as required, checking electrolytes in the batteries.
- The incumbent will provide their own basic tools of the trade and safety shoes.
- Safety awareness is key and must adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Hold a valid Class “B Refrigeration Operator or 4th Class Stationary Engineer certificate.
- Experience on Ammonia systems.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Previous computer experience; experience with preventative maintenance systems is an asset.
- Member of Unifor Local 414.
Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong customer service skills.
- Unionized Employees
- Management, Distribution Centres
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.