JOB POSTING #872626
Position: STAFFING REPRESENTATIVE
Site: TORONTO REHAB, University Centre
Department: Nursing Resource unit
Reports to: Supervisor, Program Staffing
Hourly rate: $20.65 – $25.82 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week days
Status: Permanent Full-time
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, a leader in adult rehabilitation and complex continuing care, is Canada’s largest adult rehabilitation hospital. Bringing together innovative patient care, groundbreaking research and diverse education to help people overcome or recover from disabling injury, illness or age-related conditions Toronto Rehab is located at four sites: University Centre (550 University Ave.), Lyndhurst Hospital and Toronto Rehab’s Cardiac and Stroke Centre (Rumsey Road) and the Bickle Centre (Dunn Ave).. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of Nursing Information & Administration, the NURSING RESOURCE UNIT STAFFING ASSISTANT is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Nursing Resource Unit. Reporting to the Nurse Manager, principle responsibilities include: assigning equitable workload distribution of nursing staff; managing a staffing software program; performing administrative duties to support the effective operation of the Nursing Resource Unit; facilitating and maintaining on-going communication linkages with appropriate personnel; performing clerical support functions; performing reception responsibilities; utilizing spreadsheet and database management software to compile statistical and other data; providing training, instruction and orientation to other Nursing Resource Unit Staffing Assistant; performing cross-functional responsibilities; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent required.
- Two (2) years related office/clerical experience required.
- Experience working in a large health care facility preferred.
- Experience in a Microsoft Office/Window software environment
- Experience in staff scheduling an asset.
- Good organization and time management skills required.
- Working knowledge of computer database, spreadsheet, and word-processing required.
- Word processing/typing of 60 w.p.m. required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure required.
- Ability to perform duties in a self-directed manner required.
- Working knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player preferred.
- Working knowledge of the collective agreements as they relate to staffing/scheduling an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
POSTED DATE: March 11, 2021 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.