Transforming Healthcare Delivery!
University Health Network (UHN) is Canada’s largest academic health sciences center and is affiliated with the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths and successes of our four remarkable hospitals and academic institute; Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, and Michener Institute. UHN brings together new tools, technologies and talent to make us an international leader in healthcare and the ideal place to build your health technology career. For more information on UHN, visit www.uhn.ca.
UHN Digital delivers information management and technology services for the entire organization and is responsible for assisting UHN staff and students in transforming lives and communities.
Overview of the position:
UHN Digital is improving customer service delivery across the organization because timely support of UHN staff and students is paramount to our ability to transform lives and communities. Our mission is to digitally enable UHN and this position is the catalyst for rolling out this vision to our organization.
The Technical Support role will be a key contact for all of UHN users on information technology programs, systems and devices, responding to issues in a professional and timely manner. The Technical Support team will take ownership of issues brought to them and proactively look to improve our systems and streamline service delivery. The ideal candidate will make customer service their primary goal and aim to build the trust of our clinical, research, education and administration staff. In addition to personal computers, the candidate will also be able to address Macintosh computers, network devices, VOIP phones, basic switch configuration review, basic video conference system configuration and troubleshooting as well as tablet/phone devices.
The Technical Support will perform a variety of tasks and may need to work across all of our sites. The broader team provides 24/7 coverage to ensure we are supporting our users and critical systems.
- Available to work outside normal business hours in a 24/7 environment; shift work is required
- Technical Support of Hardware and Software
- Provide telephone, live-chat, email and in-person support to end users
- Acts as the subject matter expert in Technical Support products and services
- Provides incident and problem management support in accordance to established Technical Support SLA
- Strong customer interaction skills for support in our clinical, research, education and administration environments
- Lead investigations; perform root-cause analysis on IT problems; provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment
- When required, escalate problems and issues to product vendors and management, including services that exceed response time, repair time, lack of parts, or any other issue that could impact customer satisfaction
- Facilitate, manage and initiate interactions between vendors and other UHN Digital support teams
- Perform minor configuration and troubleshooting on end user devices and technologies
- Perform basic troubleshooting on switch ports configuration to check for possible misconfiguration and possibly minor changes to configuration.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on meeting room audio and visual equipment
- Travel to any UHN site, as required
- Proactive maintenance and support on systems to ensure uptime and reduce needs for users to call in issues
- Perform installs, moves, add, changes and decommission of computer equipment
- Unpack, lift and push/move boxes of equipment when required
- Move, configure, deploy and test UHN IT assets, as required
- Plans, develops and implements operational improvements that will maintain system efficiency and minimize system issues/bugs while working within the UHN Digital standards/practice
- Manages Request for Change (RFC) preparation
- Document and report on all work performed in the UHN Digital incident and problem management ticketing system
- Perform Site inventory as required
Experience and Education/Certification:
- Required 4 – 6 years of practical and related experience with the following responsibilities
- At minimum, completion of a 3 year community College program in a computer related field or recognized equivalent is required
- Experience working in healthcare or regulated environment of similar complexity preferred
- Experience with ITSM systems, such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- Apple Certification preferred
- Experience and knowledge of Apple hardware and OS/iOS support
- A+ certification preferred
- Possesses working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principals / ITIL Foundation Required / ITIL Practitioner preferred
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification Required
- Experience and knowledge of SCCM/SCOM or other automation and orchestration tools and capabilities is an asset
- Self-motivated team player
- Operational experience in managing medium to large scale environments (>500 systems) for regular provisioning, patching, applications packaging and deployment
- Solid hardware knowledge with PCs, mobile computing and peripherals
- Practical knowledge of networking, TCP/IP, patching with switches telecommunication operations, electronics and general maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of telecommunication equipment
- Experience in PowerShell and/or Python scripting
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision on simple to moderately complex tasks
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner
- Ability to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems
- Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures
- Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 365
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: September 28th, 2020 CLOSING DATE: October 31st, 2020
Staffing Advisor, Human Resources AOB – Posting # 864235
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.