This position is responsible for designing professional development programs, facilitating training sessions, optimizing the transfer of learning, evaluating training program effectiveness and implementing organizational development interventions.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Training and Organizational Development Quebec, participate in needs assessments with the business to identify training and development priorities and propose recommendations aligned with business objectives; collaborate and consult actively on multiple initiatives.
- Manage a team of 4 specialists and coach them to identify and incorporate best practices in training design and delivery, innovation and change management.
- Maintain awareness in the leadership development field to ensure the company continues to apply and maximizes a progressive approach.
- Research content, supervise the development of training materials and development programs aligned with business needs for both provinces.
- Monitor the quality of the training experience to ensure the company’s standards are maintained while maximizing efficiency and participant motivation.
- Design and implement methods to measure program effectiveness.
- Identify learner challenges and potential change management barriers and develop proactive strategies to address them.
- Maintains business ties with various training providers and manage vendor relationships and external training consultants.
- Ensure training content, environment, resources, and communication mediums are optimized.
- Occasionally design and/or deliver training sessions to targeted groups while ensuring achievement of learning outcomes and optimization of knowledge transfer.
- Develop process and tools for staffing and training activities related to new store openings, major remodels and the Assistant Manager Training program
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialty in education. Master’s degree, an asset.
- 8 – 10 years relevant experience including 3 years in a management role and 3 years on development of content
- Requires strong attention to detail in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to partner with colleagues and function as part of a small team delivering high volumes.
- Continuous learner with an open mindset and comfortable learning from immediate team and others in the business.
- Superior training, facilitation, and presentation skills, as well as a highly developed sense of accountability and client orientation.
- Travel required
- Bilingualism, an asset
- Retail experience is required
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.