RNS Health Care Services Inc.is a leading provider of home and community health care services. We are a proudly Canadian owned and operated company that has been providing exceptional health care services for over 30 years. We service York Region and surrounding areas, providing care in long term care facilities, retirement homes, hospitals, hospices, homes, and school environments. Our mission is to make a difference, one person at a time.
A Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) will work with people who have a variety of speech related disorders, who want to modify an accent or people who have swallowing difficulties. An SLP will do assessments, diagnosis, treatments and work on preventing and reducing speech related disorders.
The successful applicant must be able to work in York Region – specifically Newmarket, Aurora, and East Gwillimbury. If you are looking for a rewarding career, look no further!
**This is a full-time position, with the option to participate in our benefits program after 3 months of service.
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Identifying children’s developmental speech and communication difficulties/disorders
- Consult and assess adult patients through standardized and informal speech and language assessments – develop and implement effective rehabilitative programs for patients based on individualized needs
- Provide education to patients, their families and team members
- Managing a caseload taking into account priority cases, waiting lists, successful outcomes, referral and discharge of service users
- Working with others to improve the effectiveness of service delivery
- Collaborating and communicating with the Health Care Team regarding assessment findings, possible barriers to success, treatment and future planning
- Masters Level Degree or equivalent in Speech Language Pathology
- Registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Certification with the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA) is preferred
- Knowledge of CCAC/LHIN/CTN
- Previous experience working with children as well as adults required
- Previous experience working in the community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and the ability to work flexible hours with travel
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle are required with Proof of Auto Insurance
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screen
- General Commercial Liability & Professional Liability Insurance
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals who strive to make a difference in the lives of our clients by providing compassionate and high quality community and home health care services in a consistent and reliable way. Our services include personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $0.00 /year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- CASLPO (Preferred)