View more 2 years ago
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a qualified Software Engineer with experience in control systems and automation you will be expected to design, implement and test software applications for automatic assembly station/lines. The ideal candidate will play a key role in supporting our internal clients. You will be involved in all aspects of the engineering cycle, including conceptual design, detailed drafting of integrated leading-edge technologies and processes utilizing robotics, vision systems, PLC, HMI and motion control system
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design, develop, maintain, training and document computer system software
- Translate functional specifications into defined software capabilities, Update/ maintain bug tracking log sheet to summarize design and code status, and software user manuals.
- Keep abreast of state of the art software systems in order to advance programming techniques and to develop improved programming efficiency
- Real-time configuration, control and monitoring of communications and routing over the system’s interfaces
- Student will participate in all aspects of the software design and invention of high-performance camera vision products.
- Application research
- Windows and Linux programming design preferred.
- Create functional specifications by decomposing high level requirements into defined capabilities
- Experience with control systems software design
- Develop and update Software Requirements Description (SRD), Software Design Description (SDD), and Software Test Plans
- Experience with a language of C/C++, Python
- Knowledge of software development tools such as Qt, Visual Studio.
- Proven ability to assist in developing technical solutions to customer specifications.
- Experience with testing and debugging; in lab prototypes and in field customer sites.
- Experienced in programming, robotics, or vision algorithm challenge
- Familiarity with software revision control
- Working knowledge of computer vision libraries like OpenCV, PCL, etc.
- Knowledge of communications systems; Ethernet – TCP-IP, UDP
- Must be able to work independently and within a team, Ability to communicate technical solutions to project management and the rest of the development team
- Vision control/development/application experience is plus
- Full development life cycle experience through test and deployment and cross platform skills is plus
- PLC/HMI experience is an asset
Please note: We thank you for your interest, please send your resume to HR@crystalclaire.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.