Looking to join a creative, engaging team of professionals?
Located in Davenport Village, Hellenic Home – Hellenic Care for Seniors (Toronto) Inc., is an outstanding ‘Home away from Home’ providing personalized quality care and services to the 81 residents in our community.
Position: Social Worker/Social Service Worker (SW/SSW)
Candidates are invited to apply for the temporary, full-time Social Worker/Social Service Worker position to work at Hellenic Home’s Toronto location.
The Social Worker/Social Service Worker works in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to advocate and provide support and services to tenants, residents, and families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Administrators, Director of Care, Behavioural Support Lead, and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Identifies and implements action plans to resolve resident and family concerns.
- Completes ongoing assessments of residents including psychosocial, Mini-Mental State Examinations, Depression, and RAI-MDS.
- Collaborates with external resources to meet the ongoing and changing needs of the residents.
- Provides end of life support to residents, families, and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a graduate of an approved Social Work or Social Service Work program.
- Have a current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or;
- Have a post secondary diploma or degree in Social Work, recreation and leisure studies, kinesiology, therapeutic recreation or other related field from a community college or university , and at least one year of experience in a health care setting.
- The successful candidate of this position must be able to verbally communicate in the Greek Language.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
Experience: Social Services: 1 year (preferred)
Language: Greek (preferred)
Licence/Certification: Registration with OCSWSSW (preferred)
Work remotely: No
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.