Full Job Description
What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager who is passionate about creativity and increasing brand awareness.
This role will be based out of our Toronto Head Office.
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management our social media strategy in order to grow traffic and increase brand awareness
- Establish and define most important social media KPIs
- Communicate with social media followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Manage and oversee content, postings, comments, and reviews on our social media platform and supervise, mentor, and support the social media associates
- Champion and measure the success of all social media campaigns, research and stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications and work closely with our copywriter and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Ensure all work and content is of highest quality and reflects brand standards
- Collaborate with other teams such as, marketing, sales, and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Monitor search engine optimization and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create and build a strong network and adhere to company polices and social media rules and regulation
- Present to Senior Management and Stakeholders and be a supportive mentor to the communications and brands team and contribute to ongoing team support
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong understanding of the beauty industry and consumer sentiment with extensive branding knowledge as related to other industries such as fashion, lifestyle etc.
- 2 + years of people management and/or leadership experience is required
- Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Understanding of search engine optimization and web traffic metrics and experience with audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs and solid organization and time management skills, detail oriented and ability to focus and work efficiently in a demanding, fast-paced team environment. Excellent interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral and ability to work with all levels of staff and management
Still interested? …What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.