WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager who is passionate about creativity and increasing brand awareness.
This role will be based out of our Toronto Head Office.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management our social media strategy in order to grow traffic and increase brand awareness
- Establish and define most important social media KPIs
- Communicate with social media followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Manage and oversee content, postings, comments, and reviews on our social media platform and supervise, mentor, and support the social media associates
- Champion and measure the success of all social media campaigns, research and stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications and work closely with our copywriter and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Ensure all work and content is of highest quality and reflects brand standards
- Collaborate with other teams such as, marketing, sales, and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Monitor search engine optimization and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create and build a strong network and adhere to company polices and social media rules and regulation
- Present to Senior Management and Stakeholders and be a supportive mentor to the communications and brands team and contribute to ongoing team support
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Strong understanding of the beauty industry and consumer sentiment with extensive branding knowledge as related to other industries such as fashion, lifestyle etc.
- 2 + years of people management and/or leadership experience is required
- Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Understanding of search engine optimization and web traffic metrics and experience with audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs and solid organization and time management skills, detail oriented and ability to focus and work efficiently in a demanding, fast-paced team environment. Excellent interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral and ability to work with all levels of staff and management
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Work from anywhere 4 weeks per year.
- A hybrid work model (for applicable roles).
- Summer Friday’s – get off at 1pm all summer long! (for applicable roles).
- A dog-friendly office (and lots of cute dogs to play with).
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Commit to Change, Change will Come“.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Thank you for reading the whole thing! If you liked what you heard, kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. <3