The Summerhill Commissary Kitchen is hiring one (1) helper Shipper/Receiver for our off-site production facility which is responsible for the production, packaging and shipping of all prepared foods for our stores, daily.
The role of the Shipper/Receiver helper is to receive deliveries from suppliers via the loading dock. The Receiver is responsible for checking deliveries against P.O.s as they are made, and ensuring the shipment is directed to the correct department and location. You will also be tasked with the loading, unloading and organization of goods and assisting in the production facility as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Summerhill Market team, you will conduct yourself with integrity and are committed to providing the best possible service to Summerhill’s customers, staff and clients.
The responsibilities of the Receiver include but are not limited to:
- Checking and receiving of goods
- Storing away of goods in appropriate areas
- Following the guidelines of F.I.F.O. (First In First Out)
- Following the guidelines of WHMIS
- Understanding the proper storage of poultry and seafood
- Maintaining a clean and safe workspace
- Informing Purchaser of any damaged or shorted products
- Ensuring the accuracy of incoming orders
- Able to deal work outdoors in all seasons and all types of weather;
- Able to remain calm under pressure;
- Able to work early mornings; shifts are Monday – Friday starting at 7 am
- Able to handle physical work, mainly lifting and hauling;
At Summerhill Market, we are an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and Employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law. Should you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift