DCL International Inc. – Protecting our planet with advanced technologies!
Located in Concord, Ontario, DCL International Inc. (www.dcl-inc.com), is a well-established and fast-growing family business and is currently hiring full time for a Shipper/Packer. DCL designs, manufactures and sells advanced engineering technologies worldwide to reduce emissions and to produce clean energy. We are a leader in design and manufacturing of catalytic converters, catalytic mufflers, diesel particulate filters and stock mufflers for the air pollution control of off-highway vehicles, stationary engines, industrial processes and specialized on-highway vehicles. DCL supplies to world leading engine manufacturers, original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket retrofit.
Would you like to be a part of a team of global leaders in clean air technology? Then DCL is right for you!
- Prepare and maintain the required documentation, bills of lading, packing list, shipping records
- Inspect and verify outgoing goods
- Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
- Ship equipment and goods to customers and other branches (cross border USA shipping paperwork nice to have but not required)
- Review and manage backorders to customers and other branches
- Pack goods to be shipped, prepare shipments for delivery, schedule distribution of goods
- Use hand tools to create shipping crates, assemble containers and crate
- Use a computer, weighing and measurement equipment to perform the job task
- Record shortages and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Maintain assigned work area and equipment in a safe manner
- Maintain all equipment, products and ensure that inventory is accurate, labelled and up-to-date
- Operate power and manual equipment to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and Company safety standards
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certification nice to have (not required)
- 1-2 years of related working experience (preferably in manufacturing)
- Cross border (USA) shipping paperwork experience nice to have
- Knowledge of standard safety procedures
- Strong knowledge in computer software and program (Windows, Microsoft Office, database software and inventory control software
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision (repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- We are a proud Canadian company, and we care about our shared environment.
- We provide a safe and clean work environment.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits.
- We encourage professional development and offer reimbursements for professional fees and tuition.
- We recognize employees for their achievements through our Innovative Award program.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are dedicated in providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation and if you require accommodation, please advise the HR department and we will work with you to meet your needs.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Shipping: 1 year (required)