The Service Coordinator is a program specific leadership role supporting Eating Disorders program in various aspects of the unit/program function. In accordance with established standards, professional requirements and as an integral member of the multidisciplinary health care team(s) the SERVICE COORDINATOR is responsible for the overall patient flow through the program.
Key responsibilities of this position include: Leading and/or participating in developing and implementing organizational initiatives regarding quality improvements and program development; planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating activities related to patient admission and discharge, ensuring efficient and effective program operation by collaborating and promoting a supportive environment for health professions, physicians, nurses, support and administrative staff; acting as a clinical resource for the acute and/or community inter-professional teams by providing information based on clinical knowledge and theory/practice related to clients with complex health care needs. Service Coordinator will consult with and engage appropriate staff members, physicians and others and operationalize decisions made regarding the patient’s admissions/discharges and bed/team allocation. Service Coordinators develop and maintain fundamental strong relationships with patients/families, external partners and other stakeholders by consulting, problem solving cases and providing ongoing education. When a Nurse Manager is unavailable, the Service Coordinator(s) of a program may act as Manager’s delegate on clinical and practice issues of the program.
- At minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a health related discipline or recognized equivalent, Master’s degree preferred
- Current valid Certificate of Practice from relevant Health related College (i.e., OT, PT, RN, SLP, SW, RT, RD etc.)
- Membership in relevant Ontario College of Health required, professional associations preferred
- Knowledge and experience in admission and discharge planning and case management related to Mental Health and Eating Disorders preferred
- Knowledge and experience using utilization management principles and length of stay management strategies required
- Experience in leadership and project management preferred
- Experience in program development and implementation preferred
POSTED DATE: September 17, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.