Work Location: METRO ON – 170 THE WEST MALL (#A-WEST)
Under the responsibility of the Director of special projects and distribution centers, the employee is responsible for the overall physical implementation of wholesaler projects. As such, they are responsible for the project execution, for planning, execution up to final delivery. They are distributing work to internal and external resources. They follows all phases of the projects with all relevant groups . They are closely involved in monitoring timelines, costs and all decisions making for the implementation of the projects. Involvement to propose improvements aimed at optimizing the investments. They are responsible for monitoring all activities to achieve the financial objectives and schedule of projects under their responsibility.
- Participate in project planning, establishing high-level budgets, identification of scope of work and by initiating the procedures for starting projects.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously in order to achieve the objectives set in terms of cost, schedule and quality.
- Oversee the management of budgets, schedules and quality control of the various projects under his responsibility.
- Distribute the projects to the resources assigned to the projects and supervise their implementation.
- Be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Act as a resource person and respond to requests from various stakeholders.
- Supervise the awarding and administration of contracts.
Lead coordination meetings between professionals and participate in various project meetings.
- Approve contractual documents and correspondence related to the project.
- Participate in the constant search for ways to improve processes, execution and develop standardization tools.
- Produce project monitoring reports and implement corrective measures if necessary.
- Technical, logistical and financial analysis of the different options.
Manage and solve problems.
- Manage consultants, contractors and government services (Cities, Ministries, etc.).
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Ontario
- 8-10 years of experience in managing major construction projects or an equivalent experience of 15 years
- Bilingualism in French and English (spoken and written) is an asset
- Knowledge of the construction field, of the laws and regulations governing this field, in the two provinces
- Knowledge of the logistics and distribution
- Estimation, scheduling and planning experience
- Knowledge of the Office suite (MS-ProjectPro, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of SAP an asset
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.