Senior HR Generalist / Business Partner
Combined Metal Industries
Steeles/Weston Road – Moving to Vaughan – Keele/Langstaff in September
Competitive Salary based upon experience
WHO IS CMI?
As one of the fastest growing metal recycling and management organizations across North America, Combined Metal Industries (CMI for short!) sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
HERE’S WHERE YOU COME IN!
We are looking for a passionate HR professional looking to make a difference and to act as a business partner and advisor for key client groups within our growing business. Focused on the success of our people, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) will play an integral role in the growth of CMI. Reporting to the HR Manager, the HRBP will partner with CMI client groups in the execution and support of HR strategies and programs. These include, but are not limited to talent management, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, succession planning, employee engagement, onboarding, organizational development, training, and policy and procedure creation & administration.
· Support the people aspects of delivering the CMI business plan
· Develop and maintain functional metrics and reporting to senior business leaders
· Collaboratively partner with all staff business leaders, as well as other key stakeholders to achieve measurable results and key insights for success
· Provide key insights for action in the delivery key performance indicators
· Assist with the development and implementation of the learning and development strategy
· Provide guidance to business leaders on matters of talent and performance management, career development, positive employee relations and engagement, including personal improvement plans, personal development plans and succession planning
· Provide leadership and expertise in the recruitment and selection of employees
· In collaboration with the HR team, assist in the development and execution of HR Programs
· Collaboratively ensure compliance and adherence to company policies, standards & procedures
· Participate in the administration of compensation & benefits systems
· Participate in the delivery of environment, health & safety initiatives
· Develop and promote a positive and engaged employee culture
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A VALUED MEMBER OF OUR TEAM?
· Post secondary education in an HR Program
· 7+ years demonstrating progressive HR business experience in growth environments
· Industrial-based HR experience is preferred
· Demonstrated experience in learning and development program delivery
· You are data driven and from your analysis, you can bring recommendations to life
· Strong recruitment experience in an industrial environment
· You’re a people person
· Ability to influence business leaders and employees comes natural to you
· Willingness and ability to learn the key aspects of the scrap metal business
· Eagerness to be present in our yards, multi-site work is required
· Confidence with collaboratively working with all levels of leadership
· Team building, coaching, and conflict resolution skills
· Proven ability to manage projects
· CHRP a definite asset
A FEW THINGS ABOUT US……
We want to provide you with the best including:
· A competitive salary including excellent benefits and performance-based increases.
· A great team to learn from and unlock career growth progression
· A commitment to your health and safety and those CMI impacts
· A chance to give back to the environment and contribute to sustainability.
Already picturing yourself in this role? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would make an impact at CMI.
To learn more about us visitwww.combinedmetal.com
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CMI and keep up to date on all open opportunities, follow us on LinkedIn and Indeed!
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.*
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Human Resources: 7 years (Preferred)