Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Strategic Growth & Partnerships Office
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Growth & Partnerships (SG&P), the Senior Health System Specialist, Strategic Growth & Partnerships (Sr. Specialist) is a key member of the Engagement & Philanthropy team responsible for strategic growth including; analytical, advisory, and consultative services, reporting, program development, program implementation and advocacy. The Senior Health Systems Specialist will manage the development and deployment of provincial strategic programs.
Strategic Health System Analytics, Advisement and Communications
- Performs environmental health system scanning activities which includes the interpretation of issues, assessment of risks and identification of potential impacts to strategic growth priorities.
- Monitors provincial health care systems’ objectives, emerging trends and challenges and leads program analysis options, identifies issues, trends and provides strategic advice and recommendations to the REDs and Senior Leadership Teams on existing and future funding opportunities within the province.
- Provides strategic growth advisory services to senior management including the preparation and creation of briefing/issue notes, position papers and reports.
- Develops dynamic presentations and visuals to explain complex concepts and support decision making for internal, government and system stakeholder audiences.
- Keeps abreast of relevant health policy and legislative changes and makes strategic recommendations based on their implications.
- Manages internal and external stakeholder engagement and relations, demonstrating sound judgement, sensitivity and a high degree of political acuity.
- Supports organizational planning by addressing gaps and aligning growth with VON’s strategic goals and priorities.
- Using a deep understanding of the health system, environment and VON funder/payer goals, the Sr. Specialist will partner with provincial and regional leadership to support the development of funder, payer and advocacy organization submissions, reports and presentations and other documentation that promote the value of existing and new VON programs, models and associated program funding.
- Develops reports, key messaging, proposals, presentations and other documents to support the communication of VON program value to our funders, payers and advocacy organizations including the analysis and interpretation of statistical data and the monitoring of quality and performance indicators and benchmarks.
- Follows business development methodology and supports and monitors the consistent use of this methodology within the organization.
- Supports organizational capacity through the use of a standard approach for proposals created for external stakeholders, partners, funders and payers and the development of templates that can be utilized by operations and teams.
- Supports the operational teams with relevant information, strategy, positioning and documentation to be successful in their business development endeavors.
- Collaborates with departments/sites across the organization in the identification and development of program and service business opportunities demonstrating the ability to build internal & external partnerships and influence action amongst partners to achieve a shared goal.
- Manages a provincial portfolio of strategic growth projects and initiatives to produce high quality results on time through team-based approaches utilizing Lean and project management principles.
- Provides leadership to projects and small teams to bring the program design to life and ensuring a sustainable transition to the operating teams.
- Establishes program outcome measures and evaluation criteria aligned with requirements of funders, payers and strategic partners. This includes the use of qualitative and quantitative methods to meet the Quadruple Aim.
- Promotes the goals and values of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider.
- Promotes a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and compliant with the VON Safety Management System, including all Policies, Safe Work
Practices and Procedures.
- Abides by all VON policies and work practices.
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place within their role.
- Works in collaboration with other staff in a team approach to service delivery
External and Internal Relationships:
- Builds collaborative relationships and shares goals and priorities with leaders across the region in order to advance business development and partner engagement opportunities.
- Establishes effective working relationships and communications with VON national and regional leadership teams, to execute priority growth opportunities, partner engagements and business development.
- Identifies and develops working relationships with key external stakeholders and represents VON on consultations, negotiations and working groups; and,
- Works closely with external project stakeholders in launching of programs, paying close attention to process and approach for project evaluation and outcomes.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in a Health Care Profession, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Health Policy or related field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in program planning, health policy, project management, and/or strategic planning (in health-related environment preferred).
- Knowledge of Provincial health care systems, objectives, emerging trends, and challenges.
- Proven experience leading projects and work teams from program ideation, delivery and iteration to solve and meet strategic growth objectives.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, strategic and systems thinking and decision-making skills.
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data and ability to analyze information to identify priorities and emerging issues.
- Experience conducting literature reviews, environmental scans, and appraisal and synthesis of research and other information to inform service delivery.
- Experience in policy analysis, development, modernization processes and implementation.
- Advisory and consultation skills to discuss and resolve diverse and competing policy and program related issues.
- A strong understanding of LEAN principles and methodologies, LEAN certification (minimum Green Belt) is considered an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification considered an asset.
- Prior experience working in a Home and Community organization considered an asset.
- Prior experience in business development considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications, internet, email, and the ability to use health information systems for decision support.
- Strategic thinker who has a strong understanding of funding opportunities within Health and Community sector, keeps current on trends and industry developments, understands home and community care operations and has ability to articulate a plan and translate it into strategies to support achievement of organizational objectives.
- Provides a positive example to VON by acting as a change champion, modelling an openness to learning new things and exploring new possibilities.
- Embeds a people centered approach to program development and implementation.
- Ability to exercise innovation and initiative in solving problems and identifying opportunities
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to relate effectively with people (internal and external).
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve issues, negotiate changes and shifts in priorities.
- Excellent change leadership skills.
- Strong active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Strong research and investigative skills.
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ambiguity.
- A current and original satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Travel, and irregular work schedules as required.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Senior Health System Specialist, Strategic Growth & Partnerships (RFT 1.0) job details loaded